Visit our website @ AnnieBallantine.com



Thanks for visitng the ABD Blog

Although sometimes sporatic I do my best you up to speed on the ever-changing world of design! Come back often to see new products, suggestions, and completed client projects.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oh Baby!







There is something magical and promising about a baby shower. Good friends gather to celebrate a new life that has recently arrived or will debut in the coming months. Such an event took place at my home last weekend.

I'll admit that I tend to "oooh" and "aaah" when I pass the baby section and see a tiny, sweet outfit. For this event I was able to marry my passion of decorating with the sweet expectation of the arrival of two new babies: one boy and one girl.

Although blue and pink is, well, typical, for a baby shower, I decided to branch out and use chocolate brown, bright olive green, and raspberry. Everything from the invitations to the cake was in this color palette.

With simple supplies like ribbon, key limes, pink tulips, votive candles, and onsies, our home was transformed into baby central which was met with plenty of "oohs" and "aaahs" from the guests (well, at least from the women).

If you have questions about the vendors I used or where I found certain items seen in the decor, send me an e-mail at annie@annieballantine.com

Thanks for reading! Here's to happy celebrations in 2010.
Cheers,
Annie



No comments: