Visit our website @ AnnieBallantine.com



Thanks for visitng the ABD Blog

Although sometimes sporatic I do my best you up to speed on the ever-changing world of design! Come back often to see new products, suggestions, and completed client projects.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Jewlery for the Home


Admittedly, I have a problem. A shoe problem to be specific. I have over 50 pairs of different shoes; heels, flats, sneakers, sandals, etc... Luckily, when it comes to fashion, this is the only accessory that I tend to indulge (or overindulge) in. Handbags, jewelry, hats; I can live without a single one but my shoes are the love of my wardrobe.

When it comes to home fashion the trends and styles are typically a derivation of something we've seen in clothing design but it does take a few years to trickle to housing. Accessorizing a home is one of the greatest joys in my day-to-day work life. Within the minuscule details (trims, lamps and shades, art, sculpture, and accessories) of design is where my passion lies and this is precisely why I have opted to work within mostly residential design.

My favorite accessory for the home is what I refer to as the jewelry of any scheme; TRIMMINGS! A pillow or skirted chair can be downright boring without a little touch of unexpected color or pattern brought in with the perfect trim! I love trim MORE than I love shoes and that is why, at any point, you can walk into my resource library and find a bin overflowing with trim samples.

One trim that I particularly love but have not yet used is Samuel & Sons "Espadrille Woven Border". This is a chunky, 3" wide band trim that is perfect for draperies, skirting, pillows, or bedding. The size is fantastic and it makes such a strong statement. I'm showing the trim in the grey/blue color but it is available in several other colors.

The price point is sizable at $65.00 per yard but the effect is wonderful and you don't need to use a lot of this trim to make a big statement.

No comments: