Visit our website @ AnnieBallantine.com



Thanks for visitng the ABD Blog

Although sometimes sporatic I do my best you up to speed on the ever-changing world of design! Come back often to see new products, suggestions, and completed client projects.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Latest Installation...



My true love, and sometimes obsession, for design lies mostly with residential design. That's not to say I don't enjoy taking on an occasional commercial project but it must be something on a smaller scale that has a home-like mood or aura. At the beginning of 2010 a strange thing happened and I started working on three different commercial projects at once; a very rare occurrence for me.

Although both commercial and residential design hold their own challenges, commercial is often less personable and more about the bottom line. One of my favorite aspects of the design process is building a relationship with my client; this is often lacking in the commercial realm as designers tend to deal with committees or groups of people versus one single client.

I just recently finished a small commercial project that consisted of a reception space and two small scale conference rooms. We used beautiful furnishings from Italy that are light in proportion and scale to compliment the small space. Most of the art work is by local artist, Kate Pearce. The fabrics we used are from Pollack and are commercial grade for extreme durability. The final result was simple yet stylish and refined.


No comments: