Visit our website @ AnnieBallantine.com



Thanks for visitng the ABD Blog

Although sometimes sporatic I do my best you up to speed on the ever-changing world of design! Come back often to see new products, suggestions, and completed client projects.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Den: Before & After Window Wall

This "before" and "after" set is the North facing wall in the den, otherwise known as the Window Wall. If you have gorgeous mill work that is beautifully stained and of high quality then I wouldn't recommend painting it. We did not have this. Some people would cringe over the fact that we had the mill work enameled but truth be told it was not high quality product and it had a lot of surface blemishes. Enameling the mill work was a means for brightening an otherwise dark space and creating a fresh look in the space.
What makes this wall so impactful in the "after" photo is the addition of window treatments. I designed these Roman shades with a soft curved detail at the bottom. The shades were made by The Enchanted Room from Cowtan and Tout fabric with Schumacher silk trim at the base. The addition of the window treatments softens the space and makes it feel extremely inviting.
Never underestimate the power of drapery!




2 comments:

kristyl said...

Thank you so much for sharing the great photos! I LOVE your new den!, It is a beautiful transformation! I have to say the fabric on your windows will be a favorite of mine for a very long time! ps the tile around the fireplace is perfect!

Kristin

Abby & Her Boys said...

I love this room so much that I'm ready to move in! I jumped over from House of Turquoise, and I'm going to re-post your picture on my "Friday Favorites" tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!! abby