Visit our website @ AnnieBallantine.com



Thanks for visitng the ABD Blog

Although sometimes sporatic I do my best you up to speed on the ever-changing world of design! Come back often to see new products, suggestions, and completed client projects.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gift Wrap Center

One of my favorite holiday tasks is gift wrapping. Amongst family and friends I am known for my gift wrapping and usually people know who the gift is from long before they look at the tag. I don't mind being known for gorgeous gifts.
I do mind, however, when my gift wrapping supplies are in disarray. Due to lack of dedicated space I tried to contain all of my supplies in an under-the-bed storage container. The main issue was that this particular container did not contain a roll of wrap - the rolls were too long! So, I kept wrapping paper in the unfinished basement, other supplies under the guest room bed, and then the tape and scissors were in the den. What a mess! Every time I had to wrap a gift I would run to five different rooms to gather my supplies. This process sucked all the fun out of wrapping gifts!
I have been on the look-out for a smart gift wrap center but had been disappointed with what I saw. I could have easily spend $600 on a high-tech gift wrap center but I didn't want to do that for a temporarily solution. So, I put on my thinking cap, went to Home Depot and came up with a peg board system.
All of my accessories like ribbon, gift tags, tape, pens, tissue paper, and gift bags are organized on my peg boards. Under the peg boards I have a 4' by 2' table that I use my work surface. On that table I have a few small baskets that hold miscellaneous ribbons and small "do-dads" or embellishments. Then next to my table I have two trash tubs - one holds my everyday gift wrap and the other holds all of my holiday gift wraps.
This whole system cost me $95 - real steal in my mind! Now sanity has returned my gift wrapping process and I couldn't be happier with that.



No comments: