Visit our website @ AnnieBallantine.com



Thanks for visitng the ABD Blog

Although sometimes sporatic I do my best you up to speed on the ever-changing world of design! Come back often to see new products, suggestions, and completed client projects.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Color that isn't scary!



Color can be scary but when used appropriately it can be dramatic, peaceful, or sophisticated. If you have worked with me then you know where I stand when it comes to color. I believe that you should add color through inexpensive, or the least expensive, changes. For instance, if you want to experiment with a funky wall color have the walls painted (since paint is relatively inexpensive) before buying a hand-made artisan wall covering in that same color. I also recommend that people use neutrals on large furniture pieces and save color for small accent pieces like occasional chairs, ottoman, pillows, stationary drapery panels, accessories, or art. The smaller pieces will be easier (and less expensive) to change out when you want a new color scheme.



I saw this handsome lamp in Architectural Digest and it immediately captivated my attention. This particular beauty is from Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams. At the affordable price point of $220-$230 (depending on finish/shade) it will be an easy way to add a little pizazz to your space!

No comments: